A sample section of chapter 2 of Sociology for Nurses is available as a free download.
Click here for the PDF.
The rest of the book includes the following:
Nursing and the sociology of Health and Healthcare
- Chapter 1: What is sociology?
- Chapter 2: Why should nurses study sociology?
- Chapter 3: What is health?
- Chapter 4: Nursing as an occupation
Inequalities and diversities in Health and Healthcare
- Chapter 5: Gender
- Chapter 6: Age and ageing
- Chapter 7: Chronic illness and disability
- Chapter 8: Social Class
- Chapter 9: Race and ethnicity
- Chapter 10: Global health
Where Does Care Take Place?
- Chapter 11: The family, health and caring
- Chapter 12: Primary care and the community
- Chapter 13: Hospitals and institutions
Policy Influences on Health and Healthcare
- Chapter 14: Health Policy
- Chapter 15: The management and organization of healthcare
- Chapter 16: Health, housing and the environment
The right of Elaine Denny and Sarah Earle to be identified as Author of this Work has been asserted in accordance with the UK Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. First published in 2005 by Polity Press. This edition published 2009. All rights reserved.
All rights reserved. Except for the quotation of short passages for the purpose of criticism and review, no part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the prior permission of the publisher.