Key Issues and Learning Outcomes - Chapter 15
Key issues in this chapter
- What is management?
- The contribution of sociology to our understanding of the management and organization of health care
- The need for nurses to engage with management and leadership
- Organizational aspects of health care, including nurse leadership, the introduction of the modern matron and evidence-based practice
- The application of sociological concepts to the reality of everyday practice
By the end of this chapter you should be able to...
- define the term management
- use sociological concepts to examine the activities contained in the chapter
- summarize the main components of the structure of a typical NHS organization
- discuss the role of the nurse as a manager
- recognize the continuing influence of management in health care